Travel Insurance (US and Canadian residents)
Due to the high cost of evacuation from Antarctica, all guests are required to provide cover for medical evacuation
Travel Guard insurance is available for ANI’s US and Canadian travelers. Travel Guard insurance is not currently available for travelers from other countries. Travel Guard offers single trip and annual Medical Evacuation Plans, as well as Travel Protection Plans that include medical evacuation and emergency medical expenses, trip cancellation and interruption and other benefits.
Travel Guard MedEvac
- Single Trip and Annual Plans available
- Included: Medical evacuation and emergency medical expense benefits
- Excluded: Mountaineering and other adventure activities are NOT covered (unless Optional Adventure Sports coverage selected)
Optional Adventure Sports Coverage
- Guests who will participate in roped travel and climbing or other adventure activities must add Optional Adventure Sports coverage to their MedEvac package
- Provides medical evacuation and emergency medical expense benefits for losses caused by mountaineering and many other adventure sports activities
Guests on the following Experiences should add Optional Adventure Sports coverage:
- Mount Vinson, Mount Sidley, Climb Antarctica, Ski Antarctica
- Custom Experiences and expeditions that include roped travel and climbing
- Guests on other Experiences (e.g. Antarctic Odyssey, South Pole Flights) who would like to try roped climbing and mountaineering activities during their time at Union Glacier
Trip Cancellation and Interruption
We know how disappointing it is for guests who are forced to cancel their adventure. We strongly recommend that you consider Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance, to protect you in case you need to cancel. ANI Experiences are non-refundable within 90 days of departure.
Travel Guard offers coverage for medical evacuation and emergency medical expenses PLUS trip cancellation and interruption and other benefits. Unfortunately, Optional Adventure Sports coverage is NOT available for these policies.
Travel Guard Gold
- Included: Medical Evacuation, Medical Expenses, Trip Cancellation and Interruption, Baggage, and Other Benefits
- Excluded: Mountaineering and other adventure activities are NOT covered
This policy is NOT suitable for guests who will participate in roped travel, climbing and other adventure activities.
Click on the Travel Guard Icon to purchase any of the insurance products listed above. (Note: Policies purchased through this link are only valid for participants on ANI/ALE supported trips)
Contacting Travel Guard by phone? When speaking with a Travel Guard representative by phone, please note that ANI’s location number is 156591, for better customer service.
Questions? For more info and to see current coverage plans and rates, please visit Travel Guard at www.travelguard.com or call 1.800.826.4919
We’ve created this page to assist you in understanding the basics of travel medical insurance and our suggestions for you. As our expertise lies in Antarctic operations and adventures — not in the nuances of insurance policies — we strongly recommend that you address specific questions to your insurance agent and take time to thoroughly understand any policy you purchase.